Georgetown Village Public Improvement District Advisory Board (GVPID)
The Georgetown Village Public Improvement District was formed by Resolution of the City Council in 1999, as a financing vehicle for costs associated with the construction, maintenance and operation of certain public improvements consistent with the Georgetown Village PUD Concept Plan. The annual assessment levied by the City is $0.14 per $100 valuation (per lot) to pay the annual cost of the maintenance of the public improvements. These improvements can be parks, recreational facilities, alleyways (repair, maintenance and replacement), lighting (maintenance and replacement), landscaping general grounds maintenance, nature trails, hardscape and plant replacement), irrigation maintenance, signage, water and electricity and administrative costs to supplement the normal city operations and maintenance of those amenities.
The Board consists of seven (7) members, and up to two (2) alternates, appointed by the Mayor, and confirmed by City Council. Five of the members shall be resident homeowners in the Georgetown Village subdivision and two members shall be representatives of the developers of Georgetown Village. At such time as the development of Georgetown Village 811 acre project is complete, the two Development Members shall resign and be replaced by two resident members. The term of office for resident members is two years, with an option for re-appointment, for a total of four consecutive years.
Meeting Date, Time, & Location:
2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the West Side Service Center located at 5501 Williams Dr. Georgetown, TX 78633.
- Melinda Marler (Chair): Resident Member, Term Ends 02/2019
- Kathryn Porter (Secretary): Resident Member, Term Ends 02/2019
- Cara McKinney: Resident Member, Term Ends 02/2020
- Marlene McMichael: Resident Member, Term Ends 02/2019
- Norma Baker: Resident Member, Term Ends 02/2020
- Penny Evans: Developer Member, Term Ends 02/2020
- Gary Newman: Developer Member, Term Ends 02/2019
- William Laing: Alternate Member #1, Term Ends 02/2019
- Marilyn Liddell: Alternate Member #2, Term Ends 02/2019
City Support Staff:
- Karen Frost, Planning Specialist (512) 930-2545 or Karen.Frost@Georgetown.org
- Octavio Garza, Public Works Director (512) 930-6511 Octavio.Garza@Georgetown.org
City of Georgetown – GVPID Bylaws and Ordinances:
- GVPID Bylaws 2.2017
- Code of Ordinances – Ch. 2.115. GVPID No.1 Advisory Board
- ORD 2017-46 GVPID 2018 Assessment and Service Plan
GVPID Agendas & Minutes:
- Georgetown Village PID Minutes and Agendas prior to March 2016
- Georgetown Village PID Advisory Board Agendas March 2016 through present