The Unified Development Code Advisory Commssion was established by Ordinance in November, 2013. This board consists of 7 members and began operating in March, 2014.
All members shall reside in the corporate City limits or the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City. The Commission shall include one member from each of the following categories:
Past Planning & Zoning Commissioner; Current Planning & Zoning Commissioner; Developer currently active in the local area; Georgetown Chamber of Commerce member; Homebuilder currently active in the local area; Individual with technical expertise related to the development industry such as a surveyor, architect, developer, engineer, land planner, etc. – either active or retired; and a Citizen at Large.
The purpose and goals of the Unified Development Code Advisory Commission shall be:
- To review proposed or requested amendments to the Unified Development Code (the UDC) other than executive amendments which are those amendments that are non-discretionary, mandatory, or legislative revisions necessary to address state statutes or case laws, ratify published director interpretations, incorporate recently approved Council ordinances, process City Council designated emergency items, or address revisions otherwise determined necessary by legal counsel;
- To make recommendations and advise the Planning and Zoning Commission and the City Council on the proposed amendments to the UDC;
- To provide an additional forum for public participation and input regarding proposed amendments to the UDC; and
- To assist the general public in understanding the proposed amendments to the UDC.
The meeting date and time for the Unified Development Code Advisory Commission is the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 3:30 PM (as needed) in the Historic Light and Water Works Building located at 406 West 8th Street, Georgetown, Texas.
- PJ Stevens (Chair): 1st Full Term ends 02/2021
- Tracy Dubcak: 1st Full Term ends 02/2020
- Stuart Garner: 1st Full Term ends 02/2021
- John Philpott: 2nd Full Term ends 02/2020
- Brian Robinson: 1st Full Term ends 02/2021
- Philip Wanke: 1st Full Term ends 02/2021
- Jason Wirth: 1st Full Term ends 02/2020
- Andreina Davila-Quintero, Current Planning Manager, (512) 931-7686 or email@example.com
- Sofia Nelson, Planning Director, (512) 930-3575 or firstname.lastname@example.org