Term Being Served: 1st term
Expires: May 2024
Senior Director of Development, Major Gifts, at Southwestern University
Bachelor of Arts in Clinical Psychology from Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
Achievements and Recognition:
- Leadership Georgetown Class of 2010
- Seeds of Strength current member
- Former President and Home Tour Chairman of Preservation Georgetown (formerly The Georgetown Heritage Society)
- Georgetown Women’s Club current member
- Co-founded Lark & Owl Booksellers a woman owned bookstore on Georgetown’s historic downtown square.
City Boards and Commissions:
- Current Member of the Animal Shelter Advisory Board
- Current Member of the Georgetown Transportation Advisory Board (GTAB)
- Former Chairperson and Commissioner of the Historic & Architectural Review Commission (HARC)
- Former Member of the Main Street Advisory Board
- Former Member of the City of Georgetown Legislative Task Force
Amanda is partial to historic areas and architecture, and made her home in a 1969 ranch style home in the historic overlay of Old Town Georgetown. Amanda was taught by her parents the importance of community service and philanthropy and has served the community as an active volunteer. She feels fortunate to live, work, own a business and serve the vibrant community of Georgetown.
Amanda loves entertaining and socializing with friends and family, through her Bunco group, dinner club, bible study and book club to name a few. She’s always up for hosting a party, cooking a meal, or planning a fun outing!
- Preservation: Preserve Georgetown’s unique character and historic assets while supporting appropriate, responsible development.
- Growth: Maintain small-town charm while acknowledging the community’s desire for the amenities and resources of larger cities. Address the city’s growth through a clear strategy of leadership, fiscal responsibility and respectful development.
- Public Safety: Keep Georgetown safe by supporting local first responders and by improving mobility and walkability. Advance Georgetown’s connectivity and safety by upgrading streets, bridges, bike networks and sidewalks.
- Communication: Commit to engaging respectfully, often and in multiple ways (through social media, town halls, office hours, emails and written correspondence) with all citizens. It is my personal objective to be accessible, transparent and open-minded to all citizens of Georgetown and to my constituents in District 1.
With the approval of HB 1082 in May 2021, all elected official’s personal information is to be redacted from any public documents. While we are still in the process of redacting this information, all campaign finance and expense reports are available to the public, but as a request through our open records portal. Please complete an open records request here: https://georgetown.org/open-records/