November 5, 2019, SPECIAL ELECTION TO FILL A VACANCY
The City of Georgetown will be conducting a Special Election to Fill a Vacancy for a Council Member in District 1. The Mayor and Council Members serve terms of three years. The person elected to District 1 will fill the remainder of the existing term that ends in May of 2021. The Mayor is elected at-large, and the Council Members are elected from single-member districts.
Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 5:00 PM is the last day and time for filing an application for a place on the ballot.
A drawing for the order of names on the ballot will be conducted on Friday, September 6, 2019, at City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King, Jr. Street, Georgetown, Texas 78626.
Early Voting by Personal Appearance shall take place at the locations and times delineated by the Williamson County Election Administrator, per the Joint Election Agreement beginning on the 12th day preceding the date of the election. This date is Monday, October 21, 2019. Early Voting by Personal Appearance ends on the fourth day before Election Day, which is Friday, November 1, 2019.
For further details about City Elections, contact City Secretary Robyn Densmore at Robyn.Densmore@georgetown.org (512) 931-7715.
A vote center is a Countywide polling location where any registered voter may cast their vote. Vote Centers are all electronic and eliminate the Election Day requirement of having to vote in the polling location specific to your voting precinct. With Vote Centers, a voter can choose the most convenient polling location in the County during Early Voting and Election Day.
Click on the link below, which takes you to the Secretary of State’s website to locate your precinct.
According to the Texas Secretary of State, a photo ID is required for voting in the November 5 election. Forms of identification accepted include:
• Texas drivers license issued by DPS
• Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
• Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
• Texas concealed handgun license
• U.S. military identification card containing the person’s photograph
• U.S. citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
• U.S. passport
Candidate Packet and forms for November 2019 Special Election
Election packets, with all of the required forms for candidates, may be downloaded here or picked up at City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King, Jr. Street. Completed applications for candidacy should be submitted to the City Secretary, Robyn Densmore, at City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King, Jr. Street.
- 2019 Candidate Packet Table of Contents
- General Information for 2019 Candidates
- Nov 2019 Election Law Calendar
- Application for a Place on the Ballot – Special Election – Eng & Span
- Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate – FORM CTA Guide
- Amendment Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer – Guide
- Declaration of Write-in Candidacy – English and Spanish
- Georgetown Home Rule Charter
- 2030 Plan Executive Summary
- Unified Development Code Sign Standards
- Political Advertising – What You Need to Know
- 2019 November Uniform Election Dates
- Campaign Finance Guide for Candidates
- Fair Campaign Practices – Chapter 258
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices – Form CFCP
- Candidate Officeholder Campaign Finance Report
- Candidate Officeholder Report of Unexpended Contributions Instruction Guide
- Candidate Officeholder Report of Unexpended Contributions FORM COH-UC
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL LINKS:
- Williamson County
- Georgetown Independent School District
- Secretary of State
- Texas Attorney General
- Texas Ethics Commission Info
- State of Texas
- Voter Registration
- What Precinct do I Live In? (registered voters only)