Mayor Dale Ross
Term Being Served: 1st Term
Term Expires: May 2017
Certified Public Accountant
Mr. Ross has lived in Georgetown for over ten years, has 33+ years of management experience in the private sector and as a business owner, public servant and philanthropist. He is a Certified Public Accountant and President and Founder of L. Dale Ross, CPA, P.C. located in Georgetown
Houston Baptist University – MBA – Accounting, BS – Management and Political Science
Offices Held and City Boards:
- Former Georgetown City Council Mayor Pro-Tem
- Former Member of the Georgetown City Council
- Former Vice-President of the Georgetown Economic Development Corporation
- Former Vice-President of the Georgetown Transportation Enhancement Corporation
- Former Chairman of the Georgetown General Government and Finance Committee
- Former Chairman of the Georgetown Downtown TIRZ
- Former Member of the Georgetown Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Current Georgetown Representative on the Capitol Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Current Chairman of the South Georgetown TIRZ
- Current Member of the Rivery Park TIRZ
Mr. Ross has lived in the Old Town section of Georgetown for over ten years with Mickie, his wife, and their cat Lillie. Mickie is the Executive Director of the Williamson Museum located on the Georgetown Square.
Georgetown Heritage Society, the Williamson Museum, Georgetown Symphony Society, Sun City Kiwanis, Georgetown Chamber of Commerce and the Downtown Georgetown Association
Maintaining top-rate police and fire services must remain a top priority.
We must guide and manage QUALITY economic development that preserves the unique charm and the fabric of our community. We need to plan for the growth we want in the future while managing the current needs of the City.
We must ensure that our community will have a sustainable and cost effective water supply for future generations. We must also continue to diversify and increase our renewable energy sources to stabilize supply sources and costs for Georgetown utility consumers.
City tax rates must be at a level that makes it affordable for all residents of Georgetown, for today and tomorrow.
We must continue to update our comprehensive transportation plan so that it works for all of Georgetown and it meets the mobility needs of our growing population.
The goals described above are just some of the important issues of the day. This is NOT a comprehensive list. Mr. Ross pledges to work on all issues to make Georgetown the best possible place to live, work, play, raise kids and retire.
To view campaign finance and expense reports click here.