DISTRICT 2 COUNCILMEMBER VALERIE NICHOLSON
Term Being Served: 1st Term
Term Expires: May 2020
Consultant and Business Owner
Mrs. Nicholson has nearly 20 years experience in public sector, primarily K-12 education, consulting in the area of educational technology and also operating a small business with consistent support of local nonprofits since 2014.
- Bachelor of Science, Communication Studies, The University of Texas at Austin, 1999
City Boards and Commissions:
- Current Member of the Georgetown Economic Development Corporation (GEDCO)
- Current Member of the Rivery Park TIRZ
- Current Member of the Williams Drive TIRZ
- Volunteer & Economic Vitality Committee Member for the Main Street Program
- Former Member of the Georgetown Commission on Aging
A native of central Texas and Georgetown resident since 2009, Valerie and her husband Blake are raising their three sons in River Ridge and can often be found around town enjoying the various amenities offered in Georgetown.
Family and Friends, Reading, Fitness and Outdoor Activities, and Volunteerism
Above all, Valerie is committed to leading with an open mind and a servant’s heart. Her priorities are related to keeping Georgetown safe and vibrant during this time of significant growth: community, transportation, public safety, communication, and fiscal responsibility.
To view campaign finance and expense reports, please click here.