District 2 – Keith Brainard
DISTRICT 2 COUNCILMEMBER KEITH BRAINARD
Term Being Served: 1st Term
Term Expires: May 2017
Research director, National Association of State Retirement Administrators
Mr. Brainard has 25+ years in public sector fiscal and financial analysis, and public retirement system administration and policy issues.
- Master of Public Affairs, LBJ School of Public Affairs at The University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Arts, Government, The University of Texas at Austin
Achievements and Recognition:
- Member, Georgetown City Council, District 3, 2007 to 2010
- Member, Texas Pension Review Board (term ends January 2019)
- Winner, Award for Excellence in Government Finance, Government Finance Officers Association
- Co-author, Governmental Plans Answer Book, Second Edition and Third Edition
- Speaker on public pension issues before the U.S. Congress, state legislative committees, and broadcast and print media
City Boards and Commissions:
- Current Member of the Georgetown Economic Development Corporation
- Current Member of the Rivery Park Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) Board
- Former Member of the Georgetown Transportation Advisory Board
- Former Member of the General Government and Finance Advisory Board
A Georgetown resident since 2000, Mr. Brainard is the former president, River Ridge 3 Homeowners Association (2003 to 2006) and a member of the First Presbyterian Church of Georgetown.
Public policy, Texas history and culture, and piano
To serve the residents of District 2 with integrity and distinction.
To view campaign finance and expense reports, please click here.