Boards and Commissions
The City of Georgetown is fortunate to have a large number of citizens who are willing to volunteer their time, energy, and expertise to serve the community as members of our various boards and committees.
The Annual Appointment process for all city Boards and Commissions is now CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS. Board members who are currently serving and whose first term is expiring in February were recently asked to stay on until September 30, 2023. Our new term periods will begin on October 1, coinciding with our fiscal year.
- Applications for city Advisory Boards were available for completion July 1, 2023 and remained open until July 28. Mayor and Council are reviewing the applications in August and appointments will be made in September. The new Fiscal and “Board” year will begin October 1.
To see information regarding the City appointed Boards and Commissions and to complete an APPLICATION please read the information below and then click the link: https://georgetown.org/boardscommissions/.
- General Information: Some boards will show vacancies, but the application process is in progress and those vacancies will be filled in September from the applicant pool. Those boards will show a vacancy in the Board Details Tab, and will be listed in the Vacancies Tab. The Application will allow you to start fill out some of the fields, however it will not allow completion and submittal since there are not any boards open for application at this time.
- Board details, including description, staff liaison and bylaws, along with the Member Roster for each board are available by clicking on Boards and choosing the board you are interested in. Board Details are given for each Board.
- Appointments are made by recommendation of the Mayor, and approval of the Council, as needed during the year.
- Each regular term will now begin October 1 for all new and reappointed members. Terms are usually two-year terms and are staggered on each board so that a board always has experienced members.
- During the year, applications may only be submitted for a board if there is a vacancy on that board. Those vacancies are listed on the Vacancies Tab and applications are only available for those boards.
- If an application is submitted, and you are not appointed, your application will be kept on file for a year in case any vacancies occur. You will be contacted if your application is chosen for appointment.
- Most Boards require you to be a Georgetown resident, or reside in the city’s extraterritorial jurisdiction, unless the ordinance or law creating the board or commission states otherwise. Some boards seek to have certain areas of expertise, i.e. Animal Shelter Advisory Board seeks local veterinarians. The requirements for each board are listed in the Details Tab, and on the application.
For more information about applying for a board or committee, contact the City Secretary’s office at 512-930-3651 or email@example.com
To address a Board or Commission, please read here.
To file a Conflict of Interest Form, please read here.