The next General and Special Election will be held Tuesday, November 7, 2023. The city council called for a bond election on August 15, 2023. The Resolution, including the ballot language is attached here: Resolution 081523-1A Call for Bond Election
Here is the Sample Ballot.
Here is the Notice of Election (w Exhibits) English and Spanish.
The city holds General Elections for council and mayor positions in May General Elections. Georgetown City Council members serve three-year terms representing one of seven, single-member districts. The mayor also serves a three-year term.
November 2023 Special Elections
Early in-person voting is October 23 – November 3. Election day is November 7. Early voting and Election day polling places, dates, and times will be listed at wilcotx.org/elections.
- Last day to register to vote for the 2023 November election is October 10, 2023
- First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance – Monday, October 23, 2023
- Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, not Postmarked) – Friday, October 27, 2023
- Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance – Friday, November 3, 2023
This information, as sent by Wilco, is attached for easy reference.
For further details about City Elections, contact City Secretary Robyn Densmore at Robyn.Densmore@georgetown.org or call (512) 931-7715.
A vote center is a countywide polling location where any registered voter may cast their vote. Vote Centers are all electronic and eliminate the Election Day requirement of having to vote in the polling location specific to your voting precinct. With Vote Centers, a voter can choose the most convenient polling location in the County during Early Voting and Election Day.
Saturday, May 4, 2024 – Uniform Election Date
- First Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot – Wednesday, January 17, 2024
- Last Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot – Friday, February 16, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.
- Last Day to File a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy – Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.
- Last Day to Register to Vote – Thursday, April 4, 2024
- First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance – Monday, April 22, 2024
- Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, not Postmarked) – Tuesday, April 23, 2024
- Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance – Tuesday, April 30, 2024
Election forms and information, with all of the required forms for candidates, may be downloaded from links below. Completed applications for candidacy should be submitted to the City Secretary, Robyn Densmore, at City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King, Jr. Street.
In addition to other qualifications prescribed by law, each Councilmember and the Mayor shall be at least twenty-one (21) years of age on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable. For period of twelve (12) months preceding election day, each Councilmember shall reside in the council district the member would be representing and the Mayor shall reside within the City of Georgetown. No member of the Council or the Mayor shall hold any other office or employment with the City while serving as a member of the Council or the Mayor, nor hold any paid employment with the City within one (1) year thereafter. A member of the Council ceasing to reside in the City shall immediately forfeit that office.
Campaign Finance Reports
From Texas Ethics Commission
View the declaration of write-in candidacy in English and Spanish.
Additional Helpful Links
- Georgetown Home Rule Charter and Code of Ordinances
- Updated 2030 Comprehensive Plan
- Unified Development Code Sign Standards
- Political Advertising – What You Need to Know
- Williamson County
- Georgetown Independent School District
- Secretary of State
- Texas Attorney General
- Texas Ethics Commission Info
- State of Texas
- Voter Registration
- What Precinct do I Live In? (registered voters only)