District 5 – Ty Gipson
DISTRICT 5 COUNCILMEMBER TY GIPSON
Term Being Served: 1st Term
Term Expires: May 2018
Owner of Minuteman Press in Georgetown
- Bachelor’s Degree from Sam Houston State University – 1994
Achievements and Recognition:
- Sertoma – Service to Mankind Award
- Georgetown Chamber of Commerce – Volunteer of the Year
- Georgetown Chamber of Commerce – Small Business of the Year
- Minuteman Press International President’s Circle
- Central Texas Blood Center
- Texas Organ Sharing Alliance
City Boards and Commissions:
- Former Member of the Georgetown Transportation Enhancement Corporation
- Former Member of the Georgetown Economic Development Corporation
- Former Member of the Georgetown Utility Systems Advisory Board
A native of Texas, Mr. Gipson was born and raised in Bridge City, Texas. He and his wife, Crystal, moved to Williamson County in 2004. They have two daughters, Morgan and Reese.
Family and Friends, Sports, Collecting Sports Art, and the Outdoors
Mr. Gipson always wanted to play an active role in helping make Georgetown the best place to live, work and raise a family. His number one focus will be to support police and fire operations so that Georgetown continues to be a safe place. Mr. Gipson’s second priority is to manage good economic growth. His third would be to maintain an affordable tax rate for all. Mr. Gipson plans to encourage citizen involvement and participation.
To view campaign finance and expense reports, please click here.